Wednesday, April 02, 2008

A Buzz Around Lowe's Motor Speedway

In March I was able to do something pretty darn cool. I was taken around Lowe’s Motor Speedway, in the pace car. Yea, me (!) buzzing around the track in the pace car. How? Well, that’s way cool, too.


We have recently become the official motorcycle parking area of Lowe’s Motor Speedway! How cool is that?! Seriously – when you go to the track for either of the May races or the fall race, we’ll be there. I can’t tell you how happy that makes me!

Ever since I’ve been at Kryptonite (8+ years), I’ve tried to get us involved in NASCAR in some way, shape or form. Why? Because I go to the tracks and I know that there are a lot of Kryptonite locks there already and plenty of opportunities for more to be there. In New Hampshire, people lock their wagons all along the fence, many with Kryptonite cables. At all the tracks there are plenty of reasons in the parking and camping areas for cables and padlocks.

Then there are the golf carts and, of course, the motorcycles. Tons of motorcycles.

When Roby and I went to the speedway last fall with some of our customers we had a great meeting with John down there and continued to have conversations as we came into the new year. One thing led to another and we were good to go by early this year. The motorcycle parking area will be branded Kryptonite and we’ll have a tent there for the race on May 18th. Guess what? Nicole Hoffman (now Roesch, by the way), will be with us, too.

The outside of the motorcycle parking area in the infield (for the teams & crews). Picture a Kryptonite banner right there!

So, all of that brought me down to the Speedway recently. Met with John, scouted out some areas for banners and a tent and such and then he took me for a buzz around the track. Seriously, for a NASCAR fan, it doesn’t get too much better than that, right? Not only that, he then took me over to The Dirt Track and I got to see some of the construction going on for the drag strip, too. I saw some drawings of what that baby is going to look like come fall. Let me just tell you – if you are an NHRA fan, get your tickets to the September opening of the new facility. It is first class all the way. You don’t want to miss it.

More to come on some of the cool things going on at the Speedway when we are down there. I can’t wait!!!


A view from the track!

No comments: