Monday, October 29, 2007

A Happy Red Sox Nation

I couldn't make this up....

The way I wake up every morning is to my trusty alarm clock that I've had for seemingly forever - at least 20 years. They don't make things like they used to anymore...goodness, now I sound like one of my older relatives. But, I digress.

My alarm clock is set to wake me to WZLX every morning. This morning...I kid you not...it clicked on and I heard, "No time for losers, we are the champions...of the world." Yes, Freddie Mercury and Queen were how I learned that the Red Sox had swept the Colorado Rockies and won the world series. I went to be around 10pm last night and figured they would either win or not...but they would eventually win the series. That much I had faith in - seriously, 3-0 before last night? And, yes I stayed up until 1am on Saturday night to watch that win. How about that Jacoby kid? He's someone to watch as the years go by. And wacky, wonderful Papelbon? Gotta love him. But, last night was a "school night", as they say.

(Photo: Stephen Dunn/Getty Images)

Congrats to all bleary eyed fans in Red Sox Nation - here's a fun montage that Boston.com put to music that a friend, and huge Red Sox fan, sent to me first thing this morning. Good stuff.

The only question now is....when will we see Papelbon's World Series dance? He said he'll dance when he's in Boston. We're waiting....
Update: The World Champion Boston Red Sox will arrive back in Boston around 3:30pm today. Their rolling parade and celebration are scheduled for tomorrow in downtown Boston. The Dropkick Murphys will be there on a flatbed....and Papelbon will dance according to Mayor Menino. Rock on, Jonathan!

No comments: