Monday, October 22, 2007

Congrats Red Sox!

Oh boy, there are some tired faces and bleary eyes in the office this morning. Happy faces, though. If you live in another part of the world or don't follow baseball at all, the Boston Red Sox won game 7 last night of the divisional championships and are off to the World Series later this week. Ok, well they aren't exactly 'off' anywhere as game 1 is right here in Fenway Park. Or, if you are from Bah-stun, it's "Fenway Paak".

I've lived in Massachusetts my whole life and for my whole life (except one fluke year), the Red Sox have disappointed thousands each fall. I have a theory this year....Mother Nature hasn't seen fit to give us fall yet. It was in the upper 70s all weekend and for game time it was in the mid-to-high 60s. See? The Red Sox don't think it's fall...they still think it's summer. And that's a good thing for Red Sox fans. Wednesday night for game 1? It will be in the upper 60s...I predict a Red Sox win for that game.

That's my theory and I'm sticking to it. Provided the weather stays summer-like, the Sox should do ok and prove that '04 wasn't a fluke at all....

So, congratulations to the Red Sox and their legion of loyal fans including those right here at Kryptonite!

4 comments:

original_bostongirl said...

Oh I don't think that the '04 World Series was a fluke...
The Red Sox are coming back with a vengence and are going to make all of us fans who have been loyal since the beginning very happy!!

Anonymous said...

We are going to knock the soxs off the rocks! Go Red Sox!!

Anonymous said...

I live in Boston and there were car horns blaring late into the night last night, celebrating the comeback.

Donna T. said...

ladybug55 - coming from someone in New York, that's a huge vote of confidence!

Jody - I know you are one of the faithful.

Rhea - I bazillion years ago I used to live right off Kenmore Square and when the Sox did well in a big game it was the same...difference then was that it only happened once or twice.

Hope you all can get some sleep tonight and tomorrow night because Wednesday will be here before you know it!