Monday, May 21, 2007

Bike to Work w/the EPA and Messenger Friends


We had a great time sponsoring DC bike to work day! I met all kinds of folks and we even lucked out with the rain. It was pretty cool to be all set up with the Capitol building over my left shoulder.

We had lots of visitors including several peeps from the EPA!!!! I LOVE their jerseys...so cool! We had free lanyards for riders' keys (which went pretty quick) and reflective stickers for the ride home. Those were a big hit as you can see.


I also got to see some friends that now live in the DC Area. Below is a DC messenger, AJ Grim, with his bike that matches his New York Lock. AJ and I worked (many moons ago) at a shop up here in Boston, it was great to see him and another former co-worker, Matt Hughes. Good luck on the Bar Exam Matt!!!





And on my way home I stopped by my favorite shop in DC, District Hardware on P Street. It is run by two of the nicest people I know in the cycling industry, Neil and Mr. David. If you stop by, please tell them I said hi, as they were both skipping out of work on a Friday!!!


That's all from the road, I am still a little punchy after all that driving, Boston-DC-Boston in 36 hours!
Cheers!
-Nadine

No comments: