Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Happy Birthday Elvis!

As a kid there was a lot of music at my house - lots of "country & western" music, but some good ole fashion rock n' roll, too. One of the possessions that my dad loved most was his collection of original Sun Records with Elvis Presley. Needless to say, we listened to Elvis a lot. Still like the guy and he's on my iPod. Times have changed in how we listen to music, but not the type we truly have an affection for throughout the years.




I'm not one who believes Elvis is alive - but each year I do think of him on his birthday. Kind of corny I know, but....here's to you, big guy. Happy Birthday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Donna,

Happy Birthday to Elvis! This morning on the local college radio station, they had a retrospective called "Elvis: The Early Years". Interspersed with his songs, there was commentary regarding his upbringing, his start in music and movies, and his time in the Army. I missed the rest but it was a great program!

P.S. Isn't there another birthday coming up of someone we all love & admire???!!

Donna T. said...

Reva - good to know he hasn't been forgotten there (as IF).
Um...shhhhh....nothing else to talk about on the b-day topic...nothing at all...move along people.....