Monday, January 14, 2008

Fickle New England Weather

I was in New Hampshire on Saturday babysitting for my Godchild. She's 18 months old and a hoot! She's got some words now and just thinks she's hot stuff for it. At one point, when her mother came home and was calling her to come join us in the living room she called her name and the little one simply replied, "what?" from the other room. That was a new one and one I'm sure she learned from her 5 year old sister. We couldn't help but giggle because it sounds so cute coming from a toddler.

As I was driving home, I saw a sight that you don't normally see in January in New Hampshire - a guy riding his motorcycle on the highway. Yes, it was sunny and in the 50s on Saturday. Nice!


Yesterday, I went out to do some errands in the morning and chose not to wear my winter coat! It was in the upper 40s and sunny. At the stop light at the end of my street a guy in a Harley pulled up next to me. On the highway I saw another motorcycle - in January here in Massachusetts. That's just fantastic!


Today, however...well...see for yourself.

The state is telling everyone who does not have to go anywhere to stay off the roads...and we are. I'm working from home today. Because the weather folks did their usual "drama" around impending storms, we were all well aware of the storm. I went to the office yesterday and got some stuff that needs working on so I'll be getting stuff done - maybe even more things than if I was in the office with phones ringing and other interruptions...then again, there will be the time needed for shoveling...

No comments: