Friday, April 20, 2007

Kryptonite's New Website!

Since the cat is out of the bag, I am very, very pleased to announce that Kryptonite's brand new website is live!!! Since we have, literally, just 'pushed the button' to make it live this morning, it is my understanding, with my limited technical knowledge, that the servers around the world take time to propagate the new information. If you can't see it right away, it is coming. I promise.

The website is step two in our brand relaunch plan for this year. Step one you are reading right now (umm...the blog!). We are just shifting our thinking a little bit to keep up with the times and to truly become more involved in the communities around us - be that at an event, show or the communities online.

Our new homepage is a place to showcase people in the industries that we play in as well as ourselves. We want you to know who we are, too, both via the website and through this blog. The Masiguy is our official greeter along with Jody Perewitz, Kate Cross (the daughter of one of our sales directors) and Rob Zuraski (he's one of our great engineers and I'm sure you will be reading about him on this blog often, he has many, many adventures). Read their stories, see who they are and why they have a bond to their 'ride'. Our plan is to have these folks change every 4-6 weeks or so. Yes, before you ask....after a couple of months we may just ask for volunteers for this section. Stay tuned for that.

All the same product information is there, but we think it is a lot easier to find and navigate through. But, we've expanded our info to include a Tech Lab section and an Events & Promotions section which will let you know about all the events we support throughout the year. That section will change monthly, too.

You can also read about our bond with bike messengers (another big shout out to Kevin Dillard for supplying us with some of the great photos on our website!) and find sections on Bob Roll, Dave Perewitz and members of the internal Kryptonite team. This will rotate every month, too, but first up is our GM, Dwight. You know Dwight, he's been commenting here on the blog already and will be posting soon. Now you have the face to go with the name.

What else? Oh, I don't know, I've been looking at this site for months now, so it is all starting to blur to me, but you'll find our history and all our contact info, testimonials (that will change monthly) and, of course, you can still register your keys and order new keys and find our great dealers and find fun links and...and...and...go look. Check it out.

We hope you like it and that you visit often since it will keep changing. We know there are tweaks that need to be made - there is a growing list on my desk from my colleagues already. And, we have sections that are being worked on that will go up on a rolling basis (including additional languages - we didn't forget that piece!). It will always be a constantly evolving place.

Hope you like it!

6 comments:

Geoff said...

Well done on the new website - even more puzzling now why you didn't elect to host your blog there! So as to gain maximum google juice!

Tim Jackson said...

Donna T- You rock! Thank you for asking me to be a part of the new website. Little did I know what "part" I'd be. Wow... I hope my big mug doesn't chase folks away.

The site looks great and I am sure it will keep evolving nicely.

Congrats to all involved!

Urban Jeff said...

Hey Donna, the new site looks awesome. Please, drop me an email at jeff@urbancyclist.org when you have a chance.

Anonymous said...

Just spent the last way too long on your new site.
WOWZAH !!

It looks great, congratulations to you all I do know how much effort it takes to put something like this all together.

One teeny suggestion as per your "how to lock" section, one picture is worth a thousand words.

Sorry for my unsolicited advise, I guess you can take the boy out of the green but you can't take the green out of the boy (yes I do know you're not green anymore but I still am)

The Sales Shepherd

Donna T. said...

Thanks for all the comments. Believe it or not, I do read them and process all of them. Sometimes, I even act on them!
Jeff - email just headed your way.
Sales...good to see you found us. Thanks for commenting - please do any time, it's good to hear from you again. :)
Oh, pictures are coming in that section....it's on the every growing list.

Anonymous said...

It looks great Donna. Congrats to you and your team.