Wednesday, November 07, 2007

SEMA

by Jody Perewitz



Last week was the SEMA show in Las Vegas. We sent out 2 bikes to be displayed in PPG’s booth. A 1950 Panhead that we just finished and an early 80’s custom that my father built back in the day.

My parents headed out there on Monday and I went on Wednesday. I have been there before but every year I forget just how big the show is. I walked around all day Thursday and maybe only saw ¼ of it! There was so much to see, Rolls Royce Phantom with 26” wheels, Toyota truck bombing through a course outside, 64 Impalas, and of course celebrities.



I got to meet some cool people. Some of them were Goldberg the wrestler, Indy car driver Danica Patrick, and a few others. The show was so crowded that just getting a glance at a celebrity was difficult but I managed to get a few pictures and autographs!

On Friday about two hours before the show was going to end I decided to go for a walk and revisit a cool booth, Lexani Wheels. I found my way over to the wheel building and then decided to take a different route back to the PPG booth. I got so lost and couldn’t find my way back! I was in a building I didn’t even know existed and it seemed to go on forever with vendors! I finally made it back just as they were announcing the SEMA show has now ended.

When I got home I was glad to be there. Even though I was only gone a couple of days there is no place like home. Vegas is nice to visit but I wouldn’t want to live there. And that’s just me because I heard an interesting fact while riding the monorail. Vegas is the home to 6,000 new people each month!!!

No comments: