Monday, September 10, 2007

Fearless Bike Riding 101

This morning I got an email with the title, "Danger, proud Dad moment." I knew it would be a photo of a writer friend's kids, but didn't have any idea what I would find. I had the biggest grin on my face when I saw this photo --

This is Freya and she is not even three years old! She's got the training wheels off and away she goes, with the just-in-case adult support right behind her (notice the pink shoe).

She doesn't seem to be slowing down at all, which isn't surprising since her dad is an accomplished rider himself. I think this may just be the start of a serious unbreakable bond between Freya, her bike and her cycling dad.
Bravo, Freya, Bravo!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She hasn't even touched training wheels, straight off her Like-a-Bike onto pedals and away. As a true English lady she's having terrible trouble with your damned back pedal brakes on her Schwinn tho ;-)

James T said...

We just donated my youngest son's little 12 inch wheel bike last weekend. He is almost 4 and he was ready to move up to a bigger bike, but I was kind of sad to see that tiny bike go. He just looked so cute on it when he was pedaling furiously as a toddler.

Anyway, great pictures. I can understand why her dad is proud. Brings back great memories form not too long ago for me.