Friday, August 31, 2007

End of Summer? Already?!

Do you ever find yourself saying at say 7pm on a Sunday night, "Where did the weekend go?" I do it constantly. I'm never sure how I got from 6pm on Friday night to...woosh...Sunday night. How did it happen? I don't ever get enough done or relax enough or hang out enough. Two days is just too short.

But, summer here in the US is really, in my mind, from Memorial Day to Labor Day. That's 3 months. Not two days...three months. And, I still find myself saying today on the eve of Labor Day Weekend, "Where did the summer go?" Really. The days are already getting much shorter - like an hour more of darkness than in the middle of summer. Nights are a little cool sometimes now.

Where did it go? Does anyone have an answer for that?

Fall holds great things, too. My Facebook Countdown Calendar tells me that Interbike (the bicycle trade show in the US) is in 26 days (yikes!!) so we'll be off to Vegas soon. But, before that I'm up at the NASCAR track in NH for the race September 16 (woo-hoo!). And, the Fall Foliage Run Weekend with the Perewitz Family soon after. So, there are many things to look forward to in the fall, but I'd still like to stretch out summer a little longer, just like I would every weekend of the year.

For those of you in the US - have a great long weekend. Ride safe.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree, Where did time go? I hate to think that summer is almost over... I am hoping to get at least 3-5 more weekends out on the boat... I guess I might have to get my wetsuit out for it.. although maybe we will have an indian summer? I guess have a short warm season makes us enjoy it more because all winter long we are saying I can't wait for the summer!!
So I guess another on bites the dust!
Cheers to next summer!

Yokota Fritz said...

It's endless summer here in sunny California ;-) but I have noticed the days getting shorter!