Friday, August 10, 2007

In Falmouth!

Each of the last 16 years I've headed to Falmouth, MA for the internationally famous Falmouth Road Race. This year is no different; I arrived yesterday afternoon and started working on getting organized and settled.

During my morning walk, I was reminded why I love it so much here - there's such a wonderful, vacation atmosphere in the whole town. Everyone you meet along the way says 'good morning' or 'hello'. There are walkers, runners and cyclists out early on the roads enjoying the nice sea air during their rides/walks. Me, included. It was lovely breathing in that salt air along the finish line route. And, yes, I even visited my special brick at the finish line park.



Interestingly enough, I saw as many cyclists as runners this morning, which is amazing considering that it is road race weekend. But, this is a great cycling town - a couple of people riding to work, a mother and daughter out for a morning Tour Day Neighborhood and two guys in their Discovery kits out for a training ride, among others. It's good to see.

I even saw a two seater at the hotel.


But, this weekend is mainly about running so, good luck to all the runners. I hope you all enjoy the 35th running of the CIGNA Falmouth Road Race!

No comments: